COVID-19 Update June 20, 2020
Always maintain six feet of separation from each other.
Bring your own coffee and snacks.
The BKS Sportsmen's Club was founded in 1935 as the Brownsmead Athletic Association. A handful of ranchers, loggers, fishermen and their families. They gathered regularly at the Brownsmead Grange Hall for one of the three annual turkey shoots, with live turkeys. Around 1950 the BAA merged with some Svensen, Knappa guys and became the BKS Sportsmen's Club. Established on land then owned by the county, leased for $1 and developed a 2 acre trap shooting range, soon afterwards built a small one room clubhouse. A county decision to "trade some land" left the club with new landlords. The lease continued but the rates climbed. Finally, through the club's fund raising efforts, the land, (10 acres), was purchased from Boise Cascade, (the 3rd or 4th timber company to pass the lease along). A second trap shooting range was added in 1968. A rifle range was developed, (100 yards), and a small pistol bay. The small clubhouse was expanded in the mid 1980's with added storage and flush toilets. In 2012(approx), adjacent land, (14.5 acres), was purchased from Hampton Affiliates to complete the current property at 24.5 acres. BKS is a proud member of the NRA, OASR, ODFW, PITA.
Bks is located at 92411 Abbott Rd, Astoria, OR 97103.
Take a moment to get to know us and let us know how we can help.